Color For All Seasons
Flowering annuals add a splash of color to enliven your garden throughout the year. Swansons has plants in bold bright colors or subtle pastel hues, perfect for shade or full sun.
• For sunny spots, we’ve got you covered from
Alyssum to Zinnias.
• For shady areas, try ever-popular impatiens
and begonias, or experiment with a fragrant
heliotrope or funky new coleus hybrid.
• For containers, consider gently cascading
white-flowered Bacopa ‘Snowstorm’ or
chartreuse sweet potato vine Ipomea
• For that trellis, amazing robust vines like Chilean
Glory tower 12–15' in one season, sporting tubular flowers that hummingbirds love.
• For late season color, kick it up with vibrant Dahlias or African Daisies.
PETUNIAS ARE IN A CLASS OF THEIR OWN
In grandmother's day, only one variety of petunia was available. Swansons now carries a prolific selection of petunias in a full spectrum of colors.
• Calibrachoa or Superbell have small flowers, come in a wide range of colors, and
are excellent in containers or baskets. They are prolific bloomers until a hard frost.
• Wave petunias provide exuberant ground cover as they spread over flowerbeds
• Supertunias have large flowers and shine in hanging baskets and containers.
• Bedding pack petunias (aka, the petunias Grandma used to grow) are now available
in more colors, more sizes, and have improved weatherability.
Fast-growing varieties like the wave and supertunias require more fertilizer than the average petunia. We recommend Dr. Earth's Organic All Purpose Fertilizer to keep flowers looking fabulous all season long.
COLORFUL HANGING BASKETS
Beautiful hanging baskets in stock now provide instant, portable, uplifting color.